Monday 2 January 2012

Day 2-How many to go?

Set out in a quest for a Great Blue Heron seen in a neighborhood pond, but ended up with a Common Goldeneye in the Humber River near by. I will see many Herons this year but the Goldeneye was a Life bird for me and number 22 for the year. You just never know what you may end up with any given day. I got my American Crow while driving home. It was eating a squirrel in the middle of the road. Wish I had a photo of that for the album

It was cold, windy and a little snowy down by the lake, but I did spot, what turned out to be Gadwall, yet another duck. That makes about 10 ducky birds, not including swans and gulls

I also arranged a guide for next Sunday in San Francisco. I hope to double my so far meager life list from 52 at the start of the year, to over 100 by the time I return to Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment