Thursday 7 June 2012

The Chronicles of Alaska: Day the First

Holy Cow! I am in Anchorage. What on earth is a 51 year old man doing here, doing a big Year, having only been a birder for 5 months and 5 day?

Easy, having a fantastic time!

Really, I don't want your sympathy.  I can handle it.

And, I saw a Black-billed Magpie and an Arctic Tern, giving me 374 birds for the  year.  In just a couple of hours after arriving in Anchorage I saw 15 species between Earthquake Park and Potter Marsh.  It was a fun day and Alaska is an amazing place.  I am wishing I had more than 5 days here.  I could spend 2 or 3 weeks.

Oh, yeah, I saw my first Moose in the wild!










1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a spectacular quest. I admire and envy your ability to do this... I've been birding for about 3 years and live in Minnesota and have visited Florida and Arizona to see the Grandkids.... 273 is my lifetime total but I'm pleased with that. :)

    ReplyDelete